Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Getting Comfortable

This week started my solo experiences with our new building. I tend to be a bit sensitive to the residual energies in places and I was wondering how it would be working alone in ours. During past visits I hadn't experienced any creepy or weird feelings but then I'd been with Tom or others. I was a bit nervous that first trip, more so as I had trouble unlocking the door and even getting inside LOL The first stop was brief, just long enough to measure the front windows and check for any usable supplies. Things were quiet, very cold and seemed . . . well . . . kind of peacefully happy.

Some of the prep work might seem a bit strange to you. We're all used to working in our own homes and it's amazing the things you take for granted and can just grab when you want. Safety items like fire extinguishers and smoke/CO alarms were important purchases but so were things like tissues, hand lotion and even a humble emery board. And yeah, there's the jar of pretzels which is ever present with Tom and I LOL Between the supplies I bought and things that could be furnished from home - a huge pile of towels and rags - I filled up the back of the station wagon. Along the lines of dark clouds and silver linings the delay for heat has worked in my favor a bit. We need lots of supplies immediately but others, like bottled water, can't be purchased for fear of freezing. I'll be making several trips for supplies rather than one huge one which is a bit easier on the back and budget =)

Today the gas company was due to arrive and I decided it would also be a good day to take the new supplies over and get us settled in a bit and comfortable. The first order of business was to get all the bits and pieces out of the shop area to make the beginnings of a base of operations. That space is now relatively cleaned out. Relative meaning I can't move the heavy counters out or clear up the spot where Tom has the floor torn up working on the water LOL The area is trash free though and we have flat spaces on which to work along with a few creature comforts: music, the earlier mentioned pretzels, a scented candle and even a box to store empty beer cans. The time working there passed in a snap too! The building has an empty feeling, not a negative feel but just a matter of fact thing. I wandered all around the place and poked into cupboards and closets and even stuck my nose in the scary basement entry. No jitters, no uneasy feelings or areas, just a nice peaceful feeling and one that was also warm and happy. I'm not sure if buildings have essences or a sort of consciousness but I like to hope they do. And if that's the case it seems our new place has set long enough to be cleansed of any past energies by the passing of the seasons. It seems glad of the company and even looking forward to the journey ahead of us. Regardless, it has a nice feeling even empty, cold and dirty = )

It was no time at all it seemed before I saw the traffic truck park in front and Tom stop in on his way home for lunch. He checked out all the supplies briefly and got a laugh out of my tale of having a customer before heading off again. I did, btw, have a customer. A man and his son stopped in looking for the old stereo store and chatted for a bit. If what they needed would have been lying around I'd gladly have sold it and recovered some of the cost of the safety supplies LOL

By the time Tom left I was realizing how cold I was along with an urgent desire to find a working bathroom. I finished up the last few chores and drove home shivering and chilled to the bone but pleased with the bit of work accomplished. With luck Tom will call sometime today to say we have heat and the cold will leave followed shortly by things being a little less dirty. But then much could still stand in the way of that longed for heat LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment